I'm back again with another Paleo friendly treat in today's post. I realize that thus far I only post Paleo desserts - is my sweet tooth showing yet?
ANYWAY, I found this recipe on the The Real Food Dietitian's website over the weekend. On Saturday night I was in the mood for doing something but not necessarily dealing with hoards of people out and about enjoying their weekend. Who knows how the idea came to me but I suddenly thought "let's make cookies!" To which we did - of course!
We ended up just doing our grocery shopping Saturday night which saved us the trouble Sunday (#winning) and picking up the necessary ingredients for our Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies.
Adam wasn't super thrilled that I was still trying to keep it in my healthy realm but let me tell you, he was eating his words (and allllllll the cookies) by the end of the evening.
Check out the ingredients and instructions below to make your own delicious, paleo-friendly treats.
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup coconut flour
⅓ cup coconut sugar
1½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
⅔ cup almond butter
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp. warm water
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ cup chocolate chunks
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Combine all the ingredients listed above into a medium mixing bowl
3. Utilize a cookie scoop (or even a spoon!) to form dough into round mounds and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
4. Flatten the dough mounds with your hands to form cookies
5. Top cookies with additional chocolate chunks (if desired)
6. Bake for 9-12 minutes (I made my cookies a little bit bigger so 12 minutes was the perfect amount of time).
7. After removing from the oven, allow cookies to cool for five minutes (if you can stand it!) before enjoying or storing in a Tupperware container in the fridge to be enjoyed at a later date.
I honestly cannot say enough about these cookies. I made them on Saturday night and then as we only made 8, like I said, I made them a bit bigger than the recipe called for (#sorrynotsorry), made another batch last night. That's right, 4 days later I made 8 more Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies.
Not only are these cookies magically delicious but they're SO easy to make. It took me less than 10 minutes to prepare them and then I just popped them in the oven for 12 minutes and they were ready to be devoured. Warning: these cookies go FAST!
(Originally Published August 23, 2017)