Sometimes too many choices is a bad thing - you know what I mean? Like when you go to a frozen yogurt place and they have 15 different flavors and 9 of them are good and then the TOPPINGS! Don't even get me started on the toppings.
To be honest, I often feel that way about health and wellness. What's good for me? What's not good for me? Is Gluten the devil? What about Carbs because I thought those were a no no? Will this dry my skin out? Like I said, choices can sometimes be a bad thing. An overwhelming thing at that.
Nevertheless, I've really been focusing on implementing small things every day into my routine that help me feel like my best and healthiest self. That being said, I wanted to share the wealth and put together my "life hacks" if you will, for Y-O-U, my adoring fans.
After all, how good can something really be unless you share it...
1. Ginger Turmeric Tea from Trader Joe's -- As I'm sure many of you know by now, I've had chronic stomach issues my entire life. Yay me. *Insert eye roll emoji here* A cup of this tea before bed is not only yummy but it also aids in digestive issues and overall makes me and more importantly my tummy feel great.
2. Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer -- A great addition to your morning coffee and an easy way to get your daily dose of collagen which is TRES IMPORTANTE ladies (and gents)! Keep that skin elasticity and youthfulness. Plus it adds a nice little vanilla (or coconut or mocha) flavoring to your morning cup of Joe.
3. ENERGYBits -- I know I'm not alone when I say my energy levels have definitely depleted with age (not like I'm old or anything but I'm not the young, spry chicken I once was - adult life you know?). Anyway, ENERGYBits has been an amazing discovery to help with that. While I'm not great at swallowing pills, I can put these algae tablets into my smoothies to gain that extra boost of energy needed throughout my day. It's pretty incredible that just one ingredient can satisfy hunger, speed your detox and of course improve your overall health. Learn more about these incredible natural sources of energy here and see the amazing benefits for yourself.
4. Sweat Chizle at Sweat Yoga-- Let me start off by saying I am so not a Yogi. I used to be super flexible when I was younger and as I've gotten older I haven't exactly prioritized stretching but nevertheless, I have a hard time staying interested and motivated during yoga. That is until I discovered Sweat Chizle at Sweat Yoga, thanks to ClassPass. Sweat Chizle isn't your typical yoga class. Set in a hot room, this high intensity class features weights and is sure to give you a great workout and leave you feeling rejuvenated and ready for the day.
5. Fruit Infusion Water Pitcher -- I originally used this with the intention of aiding my stomach bloat issues and immediately fell in love. With the ability to put fruit, mint, ginger, whatever kind of concoction your heart desires into it, this infuser turns plain ole water into the spa water of your dreams.
6. Cryotherapy Facial -- Thanks to Next Health in the Westfield Century City Mall, I had my very first (but hopefully not last) Cryo Facial. I'm not going to lie my eyes watered up and I was crying from the extreme cold the moment it began but I walked away from that blast of cold air feeling an extreme surge of adrenaline and added beauty if I do say so myself. 10/10 would recommend.
7. Ellia Diffuser -- Some of you probably recognize this one from my Christmas Gift List last year but it's honestly too good to go unmentioned. My diffuser from Ellia is one of the best "big" purchases I've made in the last couple years. I especially love this particular diffuser not only for the amazing scents it circulates around my room but for it's ability to alternate through a series of colored lights as well as soothing sounds that help me fall right to sleep. Raise your hand if you love the sound of crashing waves as much as I do.
8. Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen -- Summer is HERE people and while your SPF usage shouldn't be kept to only the hotter months, you definitely DEFINITELY need it right now. The sun is here and she is SHINING people! Supergoop! unseen sunscreen is so light and glides on my face underneath my makeup with ease. It doesn't have the strong sunscreen smell we all know and love too so your SPF usage can stay on the DL - Your skin will thank you later.
I honestly feel like I'm still discovering new "life hacks" in the health and wellness world every single day. Don't even get me started on beauty...While it's great to have so many ways to stay healthy at our fingertips, it's also important to test things out before committing to them 100%. Just as not all diet or food restrictions align with every body type or person, not all health and wellness things are made equal either.
The eight tips I listed above are things that I've personally grown to love in my continuous search not only for fabulousness but more importantly for healthy fabulousness. I hope they've sparked your desire to test things out and find some life hacks that suit you and your health and wellness needs. Don't forget to share your findings!
(Originally Published July 16, 2019)