Paleo Pumpkin Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
As if my Paleo Dark Chocolate Almond Butter cookies weren’t enough, I found a FAB recipe for PUMPKIN Paleo Dark Chocolate Almond Butter cookies. The name may be a bit of a lengthy tongue twister but let me tell you they are finger lickin’ GOOOOOD.
If you didn’t already know, I’m a huge fan of pumpkin! It’s 100% my favorite part of Thanksgiving and really the only food (pumpkin pie that is) I look forward to during the Holiday season.
These cookies are the best way to welcome the holiday season with a sweet, better for you treat! Shout out to Paleo Running Momma for the original recipe found here: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Enough chit chit – Let’s make some cookies!
*1/3 cup smooth (or crunchy for a little more texture) almond butter. Look for almond butter with no sugar added.
*1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree (Trader Joe’s has the best kind!)
*1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
*2 tsp pure vanilla extract
*2 1/3 cups almond flour
*1 tsp baking soda
*a pinch of sea salt
*1 tsp ground cinnamon
*1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
*1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine the egg, almond butter, pumpkin puree, coconut sugar and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
4. Once the dry mixture is combined, slowly add it to the wet ingredients until it’s completely absorbed and dough forms.
5. Finally, stir in the dark chocolate morsels!
6. At this point, the dough will be very sticky. Chill the bowl in the freezer for 15 minutes (at least).
7. Remove the bowl from the freezer. You may need to use almond flour on your hands as you form the dough into cookies on the parchment paper. Remember to flatten your dough! Paleo cookies do not flatten on their own like regular cookies so however you form the dough is essentially how it will turn out.
8. Put the two cookie sheets in the oven for 10-12 (I do a full 12) minutes then remove and enjoy (after waiting a minute or two for them to cool down of course).
As I’m dabbling more into the world of Paleo baking, I’m realizing how easy it is given the few, healthier ingredients! Just goes to show how food should be – simple, free of additives and most importantly delicious.
These babies will be a guaranteed HIT at your next holiday party!